The Research Library is located in the Cryder Historical Center, next to the Nash House Museum.
The Research Library is the place to go to learn more about Delaware County’s rich history.
It comprises a Historical Library, an Archives Repository, a Historical Museum, and a Research Center.
The library is operated by local volunteers interested in helping you.
Resources Available in the Research Library:
- Delaware County History Books
- Delaware County Obituary Archives
- Delaware County Maps and Atlases
- Delaware County Property Transfers 1800-1891(Mendenhall Files)
- Delaware Clipping Files by Subject (Vertical File)
- Delaware City and Rural Route Directories
- School Yearbooks for: Ohio Wesleyan University, Delaware High Schools
- Delaware County Newspapers
- Delaware Gazette Photographs
- Garth’s Auction Catalogues
- Museum of Delaware County Historical Items including:
- The McCabe Desk on which in 1874 the Women’s Christian Temperance Union constitution was written
- President Lincoln’s blood from the Ford Theater Assassination
- The largest public collection of Presidential Easter Eggs