Oak Grove Cemetery Walk 2018
The Delaware County Historical Society will conduct walks through our history and people on a
Oak Grove Cemetery Walk
Meet the citizens from Delaware’s past. Costumed interpreters will share their stories at tombstones throughout the cemetery.
This year Laurie Schaefer and Henry Shaw will share the Civil War love story of Anne Sanborn Clason and Captain Marshall Clason. Anne Sanborn Clason, her sister Amelia Sanborn Hills, and mother, Martha Sanborn donated most of the money to build OWU Sanborn Hall.
Other interpreters will present thirteen other stories from Delaware’s history including:
- John Vandeman, a tireless campaigner for Abraham Lincoln and a Civil War veteran
- Franklin Sprague, grandson of Forest Meeker
Sunday, Oct. 7, 2018 (Rain date Oct. 14)
Tours run every 15 minutes from 2 – 4pm.
Parking will be available at the front gate off Sandusky Street.
Please wear proper outdoor attire and comfortable shoes (considerable amount of walking, some over uneven ground). No handicapped accessibility.
For a map and directions to Oak Grove Cemetery, click here.
This event is a Ticketed Event
$10 Adult Members |$15 Adults Non-Members**|$5 Children (ages 6-17)
** Special one-time offer for non-members: join DCHS as an adult or senior member
and receive a FREE pass for this Cemetery Walk.
Purchase Tickets online at Eventbrite (<– Click for ticketing)
or call 740-369-3831 Ext. 3.
The Society offers programs and events throughout the year, check out this years schedule.
For more information, email Programs@DelawareOhioHistory.org
Oak Grove Cemetery
Oak Grove Cemetery is located at 334 South Sandusky Street in the City of Delaware. Oak Grove was established in 1851 and is the largest cemetery in Delaware County, encompassing about 80 acres and approximately 22,000 interments, including those in the adjoining St. Mary Cemetery. The City of Delaware began operating Oak Grove Cemetery in 2012.
|740-369-3831||CRYDER HISTORICAL CENTER
NASH HOUSE MUSEUM
157 East William Street, Delaware
|MEEKER HOMESTEAD MUSEUM
THE BARN AT STRATFORD
2690 Stratford Road, Delaware