The intricately hand-carved black walnut cabinet/desk was created in 1885 by Miss Dorothea Graham, head of Ohio Wesleyan University’s Art Department. The cabinet was present to Ohio Wesleyan in 1946 by Mrs. Frederick R. Sites, a niece of Miss Graham.
Miss Graham was head of the Art Department for 21 years. The Art Department at Ohio Wesleyan University was created in 1864 and was one of America’s first college art departments.
If this is a gift, enter the name of the recipient at CHECKOUT in Additional information /Order notes
(for example “Gift to James K. Day”)